One of the premier features of #HillsideTexas is the myriad of options for celebrations and events. Here’s a fun walkthrough highlighting some of the interesting spaces to host your next event whether for business or leisure:
1) Terrace & Arbor. I am starting here because this view is what makes us extra special. Our arbor perches out beyond a cascading lawn, overlooking the Medina River Valley and creates a frame - to be filled by the next event, with Mother Nature's beauty as backdrop. Our new name is Hillside for this very reason and is tribute to this view. In addition to numerous #HillCountryWedding ceremonies and prom pictures, we host our own #HillsideConcertSeries out here and on Saturday's you'll even see a #YogaClass tapping into the natural energy on our #Hillside.
2) Pool. Adjacent to the terrace is our pool. A simple design with limestone edges, cabanas and lounge seating scattered around, just as it should be in South Texas, it’s perfect for everything we need a pool for, including some intimate concerts in the Spring.
3) Patios. There’s an incredible wrap-around porch at our Texas Bistro that hangs out over our terrace. With the #SouthTexas breeze seemingly always turned on, this is arguably the most fantastic place to spend time at Hillside. There is great veranda-style seating that can be moved around to suit any private event. In addition, a true adventurer can discover numerous other patios scattered throughout the hotel property to catch a nap or read a book.
4) Ballroom. We can accommodate up to 120 in our Ballroom alone. Fantastic European style chandeliers, crown molding, a stone fireplace and windows looking over the view, this room is casual elegance and sets the tone for every larger event. It's easy to expand the seating capacity for larger event needs by adding one or both of the two adjacent rooms - the Boardroom and Tasting Room.
5) Boardroom. This room is an extension of the Ballroom and can be closed separately with really cool swinging glass doors. There is rustic plank flooring and floor to ceiling windows looking out over the pool and the #Hillside beyond. Many guests use this room to relax in and catch up on emails as it’s just off the lobby. This is our most ideal option for #boardmeetings, small breakfast meetings, #Training, #SalesMeetings, or a #SmallLuncheon. (max 40 people).
6) Tasting Room. Most typically used as the upper dining level of our restaurant, it is easily separated by its clever windows and curtains for privacy when necessary. As you might guess, this is also where we host tastings for #WeddingParties and other #CateringEvents. We currently don’t have any #WineTastings or #CookingClasses on our calendar, but when we do, they will be in this room. (seating for 50)
7) Texas Bistro. We will not close our entire restaurant for a private event, but we constantly host #Birthdays, #BusinessLuncheons and #GroupDinners for 10-20 people with ease in the restaurant. We can tailor any event to suit your budget and catering needs. We will also shift the restaurant traffic depending on the day and schedule to accommodate bigger weddings and events, so please call us if you plan to have over 200 guests.
8) Spa. Our Spa is very intimate with four treatment rooms and offers #Facials, #Massage, #NailServices and other #SpaPackages and often plays host to smaller #SpaDay groups. The spa is open every day. Let us know how we can also help arrange a #SpaParty, weekend getaway or custom #Staycation package.
9) Barrel room. Last but not least is the loft above the restaurant we call the Barrel Room. It’s
almost like a wine cellar with the vaulted ceilings, old wood floors and wonderful leather seating. The smell of leather and whiskey barrels along with the local craft beers on draft about sums up the mood you get here. Great for smaller parties, #GroomsmenRoom, #GameDay, #HappyHour and just meeting friends day or night.
This list is not complete because we have acreage that leads down to the water canal and thus becomes a limitless area to host parties or events for any size; just add creativity. We can add tents or combine patios, restaurant space, and co-coordinate with a preferred and discerning list of other local venues. We often take the back seat and host only the rehearsal dinner, hotel guests (38 rooms) or off-site catering.
Let us know what you have in mind and our on-site staff will work with you to create that perfect setting and memorable event. Our goal is to help you celebrate and our purpose is to make life a little better.
The Family at HillsideTexas